Hello!
Yes---after seven (SEVEN) books (2013-2025) and many hundreds of video posts on my You Tube channels (plural) and blogs (plural), not to mention many podcasts, radio shows, conferences, some TV shows (including DVD and Blu Ray), I am out. Truth be told, I was running on fumes the last couple of years. I turned 60 recently and I am just very burnt out on the case and all the requisite obligations that go with it (answering many e-mails and messages, podcast requests, etc.).
How many times can one repeat oneself? All my 7 books, videos, blogs and online materials will all be up and running, so it will almost be like I am not gone/retired. Also, I will (very) occasionally still post here IF (if) something comes up that warrants it.
As I stated in another recent post, I truly feel we have taken things as far as we can go and I am personally maxed out on the case:
-almost everyone connected to the case is dead or, if alive, very old and almost always on the record (Gerald Blaine, Paul Landis, the Newman family, Marina Oswald, etc.), often many times over (and, for the very few who aren't on the record by now, can we honestly believe anything controversial they would say at this very late date)?
-there is so much amateur shit online that it is depressing: relitigating old and resolved stuff, splitting the split hairs, stupid and obscene ideas (Greer shot JFK, Jackie shot JFK, Hickey shot JFK), etc.
-all the files that can and will be released have been released, including many file releases in the last 10 years. At this late date, much has been destroyed, censored and hidden for good. The autopsy photos and x-rays, while not officially released (many bootlegs exist, of course, and are in books and documentaries [the Fox and Groden sets]), Drs. Mantik, Aguilar, Robertson and others have viewed and written about them many times.
-the Luna panel is just a dog and pony show: Dr. Don Curtis, while "neat" to see on TV, was already on the record (including thanks to my 1998 letter!), Abraham Bolden (very frail and hard to hear/understand) is already on the record many times (including in my books and his own), DiEugenio, Stone and others are all already out there.
-that 2025 ABC documentary, while throwing the conspiracy side a bone or two, was very disappointing and was rebroadcast in 2026.
-Forget that we will "never know" for certain: we will never agree and prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt to an increasingly INDIFFERENT and ambivalent public.
-the lone-nut side has grown noticeably in the last 10-15 years or so (Litwin, etc.) and they have done damage and roost over the formerly good outlet The Education Forum (which, in my opinion, is dreck now and didn't deserve to be "saved").
To quote journalist and Kennedy family associate Pete Hammil: "if there was a conspiracy, they got away with it: Kennedy is still dead, as is Oswald and Ruby." And, since the 1988 Time article this quote was found in, add Jackie, JFK Jr., Teddy and many others to the mix.
The internet is both the best and worst of both possible worlds: anyone can post about the case...and anyone often does! Again, there is such a mix of crud and somewhat credible (but often old news) allegations out there that it is a numbing and confusing farrago of information.
In a way, Trump killed the case (!): while we had many file releases during the Trump (and Biden) years, his very controversial modern-day terms (and Biden's sandwiched in between) have made the Kennedy case really feel like not just old but ANCIENT news when dealing with bread and butter issues to John Q. Citizen like balancing their checkbooks, food, gas, rent/mortgage, jobs, and basic survival.
While one can argue that the halcyon days of the case were roughly 1964-1978 or so, I would argue the (late) 1980's until about 2003 (maybe 2013, the 50th anniversary) were "good times" for the case: riveting anniversary conferences, TV specials, and progress (ARRB). Ever since 2013, it truly feels like the media is dead on the case and wants it Oswald only and shut down.
Basically, we lost---even public opinion polls are down on the issue of conspiracy.
Now, all that said, I am eternally grateful to have published 7 books and to have made a difference to a certain degree.
But I have taken it as far as I can go.
Or as far as I want things to go.
Sincerely.
Vince Palamara
No comments:
Post a Comment